We recommend that you contact us via BRLTTY's mailing list.
This list is for informal discussions between the users and developers of BRLTTY.
Your questions, comments, suggestions, criticisms, and contributions are always welcome.
You can post to the list by sending e-mail to
If you aren't subscribed to the list
then your posts will be held for moderator approval.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, change settings, view archives, etc, go to the list's
We offer a special invitation to the developers of braille displays.
It's our goal to support as many models as possible within the Linux/Unix environment.
While we always do as much as we can toward this end,
we'd be even more effective with your help.
The most important thing we need is the details regarding
the communication protocol(s) of your braille display(s).
If you prefer to contact us privately for this sort of thing
then we invite you to send e-mail to any member(s) of
The BRLTTY Team.
The current members of the BRLTTY team are:
- Dave Mielke
- Nicolas Pitre
- Former maintainer.
- Active developer.
- Core development.
- Speech framework.
- Author of driver for Alva from Alva B.V.
- Original author of driver for AzerBraille from EuroBraille.
- Stéphane Doyon
- Active developer.
- Author of driver for Navigator and PowerBraille from Telesensory Systems.
- Author of driver for MDV from MDV.
- Author of driver for Voyager from Tieman B.V..
- Author of ExternalSpeech speech driver.
- Cut and paste.
- Tunes via PC speaker.
Many others have contributed to the BRLTTY project.
- Nikhil Nair
- James Bowden
- Former project advisor.
- Contributor of some braille translation tables.
- August Hörandl
- Oscar Fernandez
- Jos Lemmens
- Provider of parallel port support library for Alva from Alva B.V.
- Yannick Plassiard
- Brailcom o.p.s.
- Wolfgang Astleitner
- Mario Lang
- Per Lejontand
- Author of driver for Vario/RBT (emulation 2) from Baum.
- Sébastien Hinderer
- Author of driver for VisioBraille from Handialog.
- Co-author of Application Programming Interface.
- Christian Comaschi
- Author of driver for VideoBraille from Tiflosoft.
- Andreas Gross
- Stephane Dalton
- Designer of kernel module for Voyager from Tieman B.V..
- John Boyer
- Author of support for in-line contracted braille.
- Samuel Thibault
- Co-author of the Application Programming Interface.
- Author of the Tty and XWindow test drivers.
- Coscell Kao
- Author of the big5 contraction table.